Wednesday 2 January 2013

Chocolate Walnut Fudge Happy New Year 2013

I love all desserts that have chocolate as an ingredient ....hell.... I think I just like all desserts with or without chocolate  **giggles**





But chocolate fudge holds a very special place in my heart.....it always reminds me of Lonavla ....I remember so many drives to Lonavla where my only motivation to go was the box of chocolate fudge Id get back from Lonavla....

I remember buying only one box since in my head im always on a diet and thinking okay ill eat one piece the rest ill share with my sister , parents and friends back home ....and I have ALWAYS finished everything on the drive back and thrown the empty box out of the car window .....

So I decided Id rather make this at home and that way atleast everyone around will get to sample some!

This was my first attempt at making any sort of fudge! I was very pleased with the results and this took just 5 minutes to put together .....

Thats fabulous and also very dangerous for a sugar-addict like me!

Anyway to the recipe now


Walnut Chocolate Fudge 
Server 4 

Condensed Milk - 100 g ( I used Nestle sweetened condensed milk)
Chocolate - 120-125 g chopped roughly
Butter - 25 g ( I used salted Amul)
Walnuts - a fistful chopped

Add everything except the walnuts to a microwave safe bowl . Put inside the microwave for 2-3 minutes .....bring out the bowl after every minute and stir ...this ensures uniform melting and temperature rise!

At the end of 2-3 minutes you should have a homogeneous chocolate like mixture ....

Stir in the walnuts. 

Line a tray with butter paper . Pour fudge into the tray. Leave at room temperature for 20 minutes .

Then refrigerate for 2 hours . 

Bring out slice ...stuff your face with fudgey goodness ....Dont forget to share :)))


6 comments:

  1. Yes Chocolate Fudge and Lonavala go hand in hand.. Wish you a Very Happy New Year and have bookmarked this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy ... i use the same recipe with some milk added and minus the walnuts to make chocolate frosting and it usually sets quite well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got hooked to chocolate fudge when I visited Ooty about 20 years ago. And these look something similar to that. Maybe if I taste some I can say if its equally good :-)
    By the way my mail id is joezach54 at gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just added your page link on my blog <3
    http://kariliciousgourmet.blogspot.in/

    Cheerios!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you make cooking sound like childs play. Love your blog, was led here from your sister blog. I am certainly trying this on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey... this recipe is a keeper for sure! Tried it n it was over before I could even blink.

    ReplyDelete