Last week I had 2 very special people come over and what better than to bake and serve some cupcakes?
I was pretty happy with how they turned out considering this was my first attempt at making cupcakes at home!
So here they are ..........
I took a few pictures just before my friends came over and I had to take a bite .....just to make sure they were all okay **giggles and winks** yes that was the only reason......
I loved them.....the frosting was just right got rave reviews!
Vanilla Bean cupcakes ( Makes around 12-14 )
85 g plain flour + 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
70 g plain flour
110 g softened butter
120 g caster sugar ( I ground some regular sugar)
2 eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup milk
Scraped insides of half a vanilla bean / 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Mix the first two ingredients ...both the dry flours and keep aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy and smooth around 3-5 minutes.
3. Add eggs and vanilla.
4. Add dry flours , in batches of 3 alternating with milk.
5. Beat till everything is well combined.
6. Line cupcake moulds with cupcake liners and fill only half way up else when they rise and bake they tend to spill over.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170 C or until done.
8. Cool on wire rack completely before you frost.
160 g caster sugar (again I just used ground regular sugar)
55 g butter ( I used salted Amul butter )
45- 50 g dark chocolate
20 ml milk
5ml vanilla essence
Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
Mix butter and sugar till light and fluffy....... add melted chocolate , milk and vanilla beating till well blended.
Frost cupcakes just an hour before serving. Store in refrigerator once frosted and remember to bring them out 20 minutes before serving as the frosting tends to harden in the refrigerator so keep it outside for a bit for the right texture!
Hold your breath and take a bite! :)))